Friday, December 30, 2011

Sin Dip-Pinterest




Oh Pinterest, how I love thee!

My husband thinks I am nuts but I could, and do, spend hours searching for that perfect idea for home or kitchen.   I have pinned dozens of recipes and try to make at least one every week (or two). This dip is by far my favorite pin. There is nothing like finger foods and dips. I could make meals out of snack food and this one is delicious and simple. A definite for the Super Bowl this year. 

Sin Dip 
(adapted from Plain Chicken)
16 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded ( ended up using more cheese)
1 cup chopped ham I just got medium-thick slices from the deli and chopped it. 
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp hot sauce (I used more and I always use Franks)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
Italian bread loaf

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except French bread; stirring until well blended.

Cut around the edge of the bread and scoop out center. Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip. Wrap loaf with foil. 
Bake dip at 350° degrees for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips.



We loved the cripsy edges! I doubled the amount of ham from the original recipe and we ate the leftovers as a sandwich spread. 


Super Creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment